Caring for others is thought to be at the very summit of human emotion, and why the practice of caring elevates each of us to a place above our ordinary existence. While caring for a loved one is rewarding and life-affirming, it can also be a trying time. Sometimes we need a little inspiration to get us through those difficult days. We compiled 20 inspirational caregiver quotes that we hope inspire you.
- “Caregiving often calls us to lean into love we didn’t know possible.” ― Tia Walker, from The Inspired Caregiver: Finding Joy While Caring for Those You Love
- “You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the things which you think you cannot do.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
- “It is not how much you do, but how much love you put in the doing.” — Mother Teresa
- “Family is not an important thing. It’s everything. —Michael J. Fox, actor
- “The closest thing to being cared for is to care for someone else.” – Carson McCullers
- “Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.” – Leo Buscaglia
- “The simple act of caring is HEROIC.” – Edward Albert
- “Compassion brings us to a stop, and for a moment we rise above ourselves.” — Mason Cooley
- “Forgiveness is not an occasional act: it is an attitude.” — Martin Luther King Jr.
- “Although the days are busy and the workload is always growing, there are still those special moments when someone says or does something and you know you’ve made a difference in someone’s life. That’s why I became a nurse.” — Diane McKenty
- “To care for those who once cared for us is one of the highest honors.” – Tia Walker
- “No matter what you’ve done for yourself or for humanity, if you can’t look back on having given love and attention to your own family, what have you really accomplished?” – Lee Iacocca
- “Family is the most important thing in the world.” – Princess Diana
- “Never believe that a few caring people can’t change the world. For indeed, that’s all who ever have.” – Margaret Mead
- “One person caring about another represents life’s greatest value.” – Jim Rohn
- “Compassion automatically invites you to relate with people because you no longer regard people as a drain on your energy.” — Chogyam Trungpa
- “Be determined to handle any challenge in a way that will make you grow.” — Les Brown
- “Some days there won’t be a song in your heart. Sing anyway.” — Emory Austin
- “God gave burdens; he also gave shoulders.” — Yiddish Proverb
- “No matter what the relationship was between the parent and child—whatever it was—this is going to be extremely challenging because it is not logical. There’s no way to deal with it rationally or directly. You don’t reason it out. What I’ve said to so many people is: we always must lead with our love.” ― Dr. Stephen Hoag
Inspired professionals at MD Home Health
Arizona health care professionals have the kind of caring and compassion which is at the heart of each of the quotations above. When you want that kind of care for your senior loved one, contact the caregivers from MD Home Health, and provide the very finest in home health care to the persons in your life who mean so much to you.