Fruits and Veggies Vitamin Guide
There are numerous fruits and veggies that not only provide you with the vitamins you need, but taste great as well. With all of the options available to make sure you get the nutrients necessary to stay healthy it is easier than most would think to enjoy healthy food. Here is a list of different vitamins and the fruits or veggies that have them.
Vitamin A can be found in an array of fruits and veggies and is easy to incorporate into your meal. It is crucial to you vision, immune system and reproduction as well.
- Orange fruits and veggies like mango or apricots and carrots or pumpkin.
- Dark green veggies like spinach or collard greens are very rich in vitamin A as well.
- Tomatoes are also high in vitamin A.
Vitamin B helps the body process protein as well as carbohydrates and there are many that can be eaten with breakfast or lunch.
- Whole grains are a huge of source of vitamin B.
- Cereals with whole grains are an easy breakfast full of vitamin B
- Bread has it as well and can be eaten with sandwiches for lunch.
Vitamin C is in a lot of tasty fruits and veggies that can be great snacks or additions to dinner.
- Eating fruits that are citrusy like kiwis and oranges.
- Drinking citrusy juices (not concentrate)
- Bell pepper, broccoli, cabbage and even potatoes are a source of vitamin C.
- Romaine lettuce, spinach or leafy green veggies like that as well.
Fiber can be a crucial part of your diet as you age and can be found in many foods that can help your food digest faster. It can also reduce the risk of heart disease and help with blood sugar management.
- Bran cereal with raspberries in the morning is a tasty high fiber breakfast.
- Black beans and lentils are also great sources of fiber that can be easily added into dinner.
- Vegetables like artichoke and cooked green peas.
It may seem like a daunting task to change your diet and add new fruits and veggies to improve your health, but incorporating them into your daily meals will make it a lot easier. Cooking the vegetables will not only bring out the best of their nutrients, but add more flavors to it as well. For more information on healthy fruits and veggies contact us at MD Home Health and let our experts do what they love.