It’s never easy to make the decision to seek assistance with your everyday living tasks. This is understandable whether you recently became disabled or were born with a disability. As a Phoenix home health care provider, we understand your concerns and are here to help.
Pay Attention to These Specific Problems
One thing that may make it easier for you to determine if it’s time to sign up for home care in Phoenix is to consider the following categories of possible issues:
- Personal Care: Do you have difficulty keeping up with grooming tasks such as showering, shaving, brushing your teeth, and washing your hair? If so, you can get as much or as little assistance as you need from a non-medical healthcare aide.
- Household Management: It is easy for anyone to feel overwhelmed with caring for the home, with or without a disability. If chores like grocery shopping and yard maintenance are becoming too taxing, having assistance in this and other areas of household management could be a great stress reliever.
- Financial Difficulties: Has the utility company sent a shut-off because you forgot to pay the bill? Do you have trouble figuring out how much money is in your checking, savings, or other banking accounts? These are common situations that could indicate the need to consider home care in Phoenix. You remain in control of your bank accounts while receiving the help you need to manage them.
- Signs of Cognitive Impairment or Physical Frailty: Do you feel alarmed at how easy you seem to forget important details in your life? Maybe walking is becoming increasingly difficult or you fatigue easily from all that you have to do. A little extra help can increase your quality of life when either of these issues is a problem.
- Driving is No Longer Safe: Do you often get lost when trying to drive somewhere? Perhaps driving intimidates you or you have been in several fender benders lately. Having someone else do the driving ensures you get to work, appointments, and leisure activities on time and without the added stress of getting behind the wheel.
Home Health Care May Be the Answer You Seek
Non-medical assistance at home could be the ideal option for you if you struggle with the effects of a moderate to severe disability. The loving and experienced staff at MD Home Health/Home Assist can help you with personal care, assist with homemaker tasks, and perform a variety of medical and non-medical assistance. We encourage you to contact us today to learn more about the wide range of services we can offer you.