While there are many non-medical home care agencies for a patient to choose from, we believe our attention to the hiring of only the most qualified and caring individual’s sets us apart from all other agencies.
All prospective caregivers must have successfully completed a rigorous screening program which includes:
- reference and criminal background checks
- fingerprinting, motor vehicle record
- health care license verification (where applicable)
- health physical including test for TB
- successfully pass a written and hands-on competency test
MD Home Assist also has a strict alcohol and drug abuse “no-tolerance” policy with random testing conducted.
Newly Hired and Continuing Education
Ongoing supervision of caregiver performance is an essential task to ensure the continued quality and caring nature of the staff.
This is done through:
- on-site visits by the RN or Direct Care Supervisor to the patient’s home
- weekly review of the caregiver’s notes documenting each patient visit and comparing to Care Plan objectives
- individual employee-supervisor conferences
- discussions with the patient and MD Home Assist support staff.
Bonded & Insured
All caregivers are bonded to cover theft or damage to a patient’s property. They are also insured by a nationally rated AAA company for both professional/general liability claims and a state-funded workers compensation policy. Combined, these coverage’s should give the patient and family the peace of mind they seek in a financially secure agency.